Opened – 1929
Capacity – 13,550
Known as – Manuka Oval. Previously known as Manuka Circle Park
Dimensions – 179m long, 150m wide
Ends – Pool End, Mall End
Location – Canberra, Australia
Time Zone – UTC +11:00
Home to – Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Pri
- Total Match Played: 5
- Batting First Won: 3
- Batting Second Won: 2
- Tie: 0
- Avg. Score in 1st bat: 171
- Highest Score: Melbourne Renegades 189/6
- Lowest Score: Sydney Sixers 147/5
- Score 150: 1
- The score between 150 and 169: 1
- The score between 170 and 189: 3
- Score Above 190: 0
BBL 2020 Points Table 2020
STA Vs THU Last 5 Match HEAD to HEAD:-
- Melbourne Stars = 4
- Sydney Thunder = 1
Head To Head In BBL:-
- Total Match = 13
- Melbourne Stars = 7
- Sydney Thunder = 6
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Team Form in Last Five Matches:-
MLS: L L L W L
SYT: L W W W L
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder weather forecast
With the game taking place in the afternoon, the teams will be met by clear and sunny weather for the entirety of the contest. The temperature is set to be in the 18-20 degrees Celsius range.
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder pitch report
The game between the Melbourne Stars and the Sydney Thunder on Friday certainly offered a lot of help to the bowlers. They were also helped by some poor decision making from the batsmen. As Glenn Maxwell showed during the game, there are runs on offer on the Manuka Oval pitch. Fans should be in for quite a contest between bat and ball on Saturday.
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Predicted XI:-
- Marcus Stoinis,
- Andre Fletcher,
- Hilton Cartwright,
- Glenn Maxwell,
- Nick Larkin,
- Seb Gotch (WK),
- Clint Hinchliffe,
- Nathan Coulter-Nile,
- Adam Zampa,
- Dilbar Hussain,
- Billy Stanlake
- Alex Hales,
- Usman Khawaja,
- Callum Ferguson,
- Matt Gilkes,
- Alex Ross,
- Ben Cutting,
- Daniel Sams,
- Chris Green,
- Adam Milne,
- Chris Tremain,
- Jono Cook
MLS Team News
Haris Rauf has been cleared by the PCB to join Melbourne Stars in BBL 2020 but the ace pacer won’t be available until early January. Melbourne Stars will be playing back to back matches so it’s a high possibility that they tweak their playing XI.
SYT Team News
Sydney Thunders have never finished above 4th in the BBL and this is something they’d like to change this time around. Thunders have announced the 16 member squad for the match and look a very good side with players like Usman Khawaja, Callum Ferguson, and Alex Hales.
MLS Team Form
- Glen Maxwell – Glen Maxwell was outstanding in the first match as he smashed a brilliant 46. The Kind of form he’s in, he can be backed for another good knock in the next match.
- Marcus Stonis – Stoinis missed out in the first match but he’s been in decent form of late. We expect him to come good in the next match.
- Nathan Coulter Nile – Coulter-Nile picked up 4 wickets in the first match and will once again be the lead pacer for Stars.
SYT Key Players
- Alex Hales – Alex Hales, the destructive Englishman will be looking to start the tournament on a positive note.
- Callum Ferguson – Cullum Ferguson has been instrumental for Thunders in the tournament. He’ll be a very crucial player in the middle order.
- Adam Milne – Adam Milne can bowl quick and get the best out of the pitch. He’ll be a big threat to Melbourne Stars.
MLS Team Form
Melbourne Stars thrashed Sydney Thunder in the first match. The Melbourne Stars began their season on Friday by comfortably dispatching the Sydney Thunder. They will now be aiming to make it two wins in as many days as they go up against the Sydney Thunder. The fixture will be a repeat of last season’s ‘Challenger’, which saw the Stars beat the Thunder to qualify for the BBL final.
SYT Team Form
Sydney Thunders finished fifth in the last season. The Thunder have made several impressive acquisitions ahead of the season, bringing in the likes of Ben Cutting, Adam Milne, and Sam Billings. However, the latter will not be available till Boxing Day.
TODAY MATCH PREDICTION, WHO WILL WIN, WHO WILL WIN VPL2020, FOR bbl2020, bbl LATEST NEWS AND MORE NEWS AND TEAM PREDICTION, DREAM11, DREAM11 TEAM PREDICTION